Search This Blog

26 April 2016

day 03 - draft
Friday  8 April 2016
Le Falzet to Aumont-Aubrac
037 km today - 090 km to date

Breakfast at 7 am as requested and am joined by Martina, who gives me a cuddle as I leave about 7h30.

This is to be a big day:  37 km.  My first stop is after 2 hours for coffee at a brand new backpackers in the middle of nowhere: very luxurious.  The countryside is much the same as the first three days, only the ups and downs are more gentle.

I was looking forward to a stop at Saint-Alban-sur-Limangole. Everything but the marvellous ancient church and a bar are closed.  It is nearly 1 pm and a solitary local says to come back after 2.

As I enter my intended destination, Aumont-Aubrac, I note a walker a few hundred metres ahead.  A total of four people encountered today.

I stop at the first gite (backpackers) I encounter: an entertaining dinner from mine host and much chat: the neighbour to my left has some English and translates for me from time to time.

And so to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment